Earlier today, the Prime Minister announced the Government’s roadmap to cautiously end the lockdown over the next few months.
The Government’s roadmap is follows:
- Schools will reopen.
- Meetings with one person from another household permitted outdoors.
- Rule of 6, or two households outdoors.
- Outdoor sport & leisure activities reopen.
- Organised outdoor sports allowed.
- Outdoor parent & child groups (up to 15 parents).
No earlier than 12th April
- Indoor leisure activities, including gyms,
- Outdoor attractions, such as zoos.
- Libraries and community centres.
- Personal care premises, including hairdressers.
- All retail.
- Outdoor hospitality.
- All children’s activities.
- Overnight stays and self-catered accommodation.
- Funerals up to 30; wakes, weddings, receptions 15.
No earlier than 17th May
- Indoor entertainment and attractions.
- 30 person limit outdoors.
- Rule of 6 or two households indoors.
- Domestic overnight stays.
- Organised indoor sport.
- 30 person limit for significant life events.
- Outdoor entertainment, including performances.
- Accommodation, including hotels.
- Some large events (subject to limits).
- International travel.
No earlier than 21st June
- No legal limits on social contact.
- Large events.
- No legal limits on life events.
See more detail here.
The Government has based their decisions on four tests:
- That the vaccine deployment programme continues successfully.
- That the evidence shows that the vaccines are effective in reducing hospitalisations and deaths.
- That infections rates do not risk a surge in hospitalisations, putting increased pressure on the NHS.
- That the assessment of risks is not fundamentally changed by any new variants of Covid.